Privacy and Cookie Notice
1. About this Notice
Privacy and Cookie Notice provides information on how DTY Marketplace
collects and processes your personal data when you visit our website or mobile applications.
2. The data we collect about you
your personal data in order to provide and continually improve our products and
collect, use, store and transfer the following different kinds of personal data
- Information you provide to us: We receive and store the information you provide
to us including your identity data, contact data, delivery address and
- Information on your use of our website and/or mobile applications: We
automatically collect and store certain types of information regarding your use
of the DTY
Marketplace including information about your searches, views, downloads and purchases.
- Information from third parties and publicly available sources: We may
receive information about you from third parties including our carriers; payment
service providers; merchants/brands; and advertising service providers.
3. Cookies and how we use them
is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer if you agree. Cookies
allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website and mobile
applications, which helps us to provide you with an enhanced browsing experience.
- Recognising and counting the number of visitors and to see how visitors move
around the site when they are using it (this helps us to improve the way our
website works, for example by ensuring that users can find what they are
- Identifying your preferences and subscriptions e.g. language settings, saved
items, items stored in your basket and Prime membership; and
- Sending you newsletters and commercial/advertising messages tailored to your
approved third parties may also set cookies when you use our marketplace. Third
parties include search engines, providers of measurement and analytics
services, social media networks and advertising companies.
4. How we use your personal data
We use your
personal data to operate, provide, develop and improve the products and services
that we offer, including the following:
- Registering you as a new customer.
- Processing and delivering your orders.
- Managing your relationship with us
- Enabling you to participate in promotions, competitions
and surveys Improving our website, applications, products and services
- Recommending/advertising products or services which
may be of interest to you.
- Complying with our legal obligations, including verifying
your identity where necessary. Detecting fraud.
5. How we share your personal data
need to share your personal data with third parties for the following purposes:
- Sale of products and services: In order to deliver your products and services
purchased on our marketplace
from third parties, we may be required to provide your personal data to such third
- Working with third party service providers: We engage third parties to
perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for
products or services, delivering packages, analyzing data
marketing assistance, processing payments, transmitting content, assessing and managing
credit risk, and providing customer service.
- Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might
sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information
may be transferred together with other business assets.
- Detecting fraud and abuse: We release account and other personal data to
other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction,
and to comply with the law.
- When we share
your personal data with third parties we:
- require them to agree to use your data in accordance
with the law; and only permit them to process your personal data for
specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. We do not allow our
third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes.
6. International transfers
We may transfer
your personal data to locations in another country, if this is permissible pursuant
to applicable laws in your location. There are inherent risks in such
In the event
of international transfers of your personal data, we shall put in place measures
necessary to protect your data, and we shall continue to respect your legal rights
pursuant to the terms of this Privacy and Cookie Notice and applicable laws in
7. Data security
We have put
in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being
accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or
we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and
other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process
your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of
We have put
in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify
you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to
8. Your legal rights
important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current.
Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with
circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal
data, including the right to access, correct or erase your personal data,
object to or restrict processing of your personal data, and unsubscribe from
our emails and newsletters.
9. Further details
If you are
looking for more information on how we process your personal data, or you wish to
exercise your legal rights in respect of your personal data, please contact email@example.com.